Monday, October 20, 2008

Tagged... I'm it!


I was tagged by my BBFF (Best Blogging Friend Forever) Amy Fabu.
Okay, in trying to come up with 7 fabulous, exciting or at least interesting things about myself I've made a discovery. I am boring. I am a total middle of the roader in all areas. I am organized, but not a neat freak. I'm sorta creative, but don't while away the hours in endless streams of artistic endeavors. I'm smart enough, but not nearly a Mensa candidate. I like to think I'm adventurous, but haven't done anything newsworthy. I wasn't exactly a tomboy, nor a girlie girl (I climbed trees AND made up roller skating routines to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"). I'm pretty athletic, but not outstanding. I plan sorta, and fly by the seat of my pants sorta. I'm part practical, part dreamer. I had an extremely hard time coming up with ANYTHING!!! But you know what? I'm okay with it. You know why? Because God created me in this particular way to be the perfect wife, mother and friend to all of the amazing people He has put into my life. If I had any outstanding talents, gifts, dreams or traits to speak of, this wouldn't be my life. I would be off curing cancer, winning Gold medals or writing the next Newberry Award winning novel. Instead I spend my days cooking roast to feed my family, watching the dishes pile up while I sing Eensy Weensy Spider AGAIN, put ice on boo boos, drive to gymnastics and the Doctors office, do loads upon loads of laundry and tuck 9 beautiful children into bed each night. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm rather glad I'm not 'good' at anything other than counting to 10, naming my colors, reading "Go Dogs Go" listening to the latest Middle School drama and changing diapers.

That being said, here is my attempt at coming up with 7 interesting things about myself:

1) I change my hair color and style almost daily. I've been blond, brown, red, bronze, multi-hued and even orange at times. I've had it long, curly, straight, flippy, spiky, angular, bobbed and asymmetrical. The people that know me in real life don't even comment, or really even notice when I change it anymore. I love to peruse the hair color aisle at Walmart, pick a cool color, go home and see what happens. I usually end up grabbing the scissors afterwards to 'trim' my hair to match the new color. I think this is my creative outlet, my little rebellion. I'm currently under contract with my good friend and my daughter to grow it out, though. So currently it's neither cool nor trendy... ugh.

2) I'm an adventurous eater, I love to try new exotic things. I love all sorts of foods that other people consider weird. There are 3 foods, however, that totally gross me out. I avoid them like the plague. I've been dared to eat them and have gagged hard enough to have the darers relent and dare me to do something different. Those 3 foods? Melon, milk and peanut butter.

3) Growing up I got into 3 fist fights with boys. In 3rd grade I punched a bully in the gut for putting his PB&J in my Vegetable Beef Soup (I didn't get in trouble). In 5th grade I knocked a boy to the ground for trying to kick us out of our tree fort (his Dad came to our house and told on me, my Dad laughed in his face and told him to toughen up his wimpy son). In 11th grade Science class a football player kept knocking me in the head, so I stood up, told him to stop it, he got embarrassed and shoved me, I threw a punch and gave him a bloody lip, he bled onto his white pants (we both got lunch detention, because I should've acted more lady-like).

4) I've lived in 18 different houses. My Dad was in the Navy and we moved every 2 years. Then I married Steve, and he was in the Air Force. He has been out for 8 years, but I still get wander lust after I live somewhere for about a year and a half. We've been in this house for about 16 months, so watch out! We can't go far, though, because Steve owns a local business.

5) I've got the world's biggest forehead. People that don't believe me have been shocked and embarrassed for me when they finally see it (it's safely hidden behind bangs now). I got the high forehead from Mom, and the wide forehead from Dad. If I was a good blogger I'd show you a picture, but I can't bring myself to do it.

6) I attended 4 different colleges, and still haven't graduated. Charles County Community College, Towson State, MD., University of Oklahoma, and University of Central Oklahoma. I was majoring in Physical Education. I may finish one day, but have no real desire to go back.

7) Steve and I dated long distance for the entirety of our courtship. I lived in Maryland then Oklahoma, he was from Iowa going to school in Colorado. We dated for 2 years, but saw each other for a total of less than one month before we got married. I didn't question our decision at all, neither did he, our parents, or any of our friends. It was just so natural and meant to be!!

Ok, there you have my great list. Now I tag Lauren and April.

1 comment:

James Chandler said...

As I have said I enjoy reading your blog. And you sell yourself way too short.