Monday, September 1, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

1. Listening to kids giggle in the other room together.
2. Singing praises in church when the goose bumps come.
3. Tucking my kids in (when no one is spending the night somewhere else).
4. Drinking a cold Coke... anytime.
5. Breaking out the Christmas decorations.
6. Walking into an air conditioned room, after being outside in the heat.
7. Having one of my kids randomly say "I love you".
8. Watching the season premier of Grey's Anatomy with my BFF Beth.
9. Catching Hubby's eye from across the room when something happens that only we 'get'.
10. A good back rub.
11. Arby's Jalapeno Poppers.
12. Having a clean house.
13. Falling to sleep in a thunderstorm.
14. Having a good hair day and cute toenails at the same time (been a long time for that one).
15. Seeing the faithfulness of God in a real way.
16. An organized closet.
17. Getting into a car with a full tank, when you thought it was empty (Thanks, Baby!).
18. Hearing about someone being pregnant or adopting.
19. Naming babies.
20. Going shopping with a gift card.
21. Putting on a sweatshirt, pj pants and socks at the end of the day.
22. When the kids are patient with each other.
23. A new school year with clean binders and sharpened pencils.
24. 4 shining happy faces waiting for me in Ghana.
25. Getting the call that says we can go get them!!!!

We are so blessed, in both big ways and small.

Count your blessings, name them one by one!!!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Great list! I agree with so many of them!

Brandi

Kristin said...

I love this post Heather. What a great thing for everyone to do on a continual basis!

Now I have to go and clean house so that I can be done with that one!
P.S. I love the new blog background.

Amy said...

Great list Heather!

Fabu

Amy J said...

Makes me want to make a list of my own! I'm so happy everyone's coming home.

Amy J.