Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Has Hope Been Up To This Spring?

Hope is a busy thing, that likes to be involved with any activity that she can.  This Spring proved particularly hectic and fast paced for her.  She spent absolutely countless hours participating in Odyssey of the Mind.  I had a video of them performing their skit, but it (along with ever other picture/video on our computer got erased recently).  Trust me, that they were awesome, and clever and very funny.  She also spent untold hours rehearsing for our church's Easter Praise musical.  She was picked by our Worship Pastor (who had directed her in a musical last summer) to play a main character.  She played the granddaughter, who along with the grandfather, narrated the play.  It was a huge undertaking for an 11 year old.  She was amazing, and handled herself with maturity and grace.  I know, I know, I'm her mom.  But seriously, it was way cool to watch her do her thing.  This is a picture that the Worship Pastor had framed for her after her last performance.  I love it.Hope also plays lacrosse.  Which she managed to fit in, somehow.  She is a fast, athletic girl, and it is fun to go watch her play.
She is competitive, and takes it very seriously......
OBVIOUSLY.
It's been a joy to parent such a smart, talented, goofy girl.  I can't wait to see what she'll get into next.  But I guarantee she'll be great! 

8 comments:

Julie said...

I totally thought that was a painting. What a great shot

Deborah said...

I am visiting your blog from Heather A's blog. Your blog is so pretty~and your children are beautiful. Your family portrait looks so very happy. Soon, I pray, our two little ones will be home from Ghana.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather..i am a friend of Scott & Cindy's...what are your childrens names? i was reading a blog and not sure its yours but someone had a little girl named Kendi and that is my daughters name..I never hear it..so it really caught my attention. It's very admirable your adoption story..way to go..the world needs more Heathers!!!
Sherrie Spradlin

Amy said...

Beautiful family!!

Unknown said...

just found your blog through the alexander's....can't wait to follow y'alls journey and see what else the Lord does with you!! :) check out my family's blog... joining thejourney.blogspot.com !!!

Praying for your family!
Grace Mayernick

Jenny said...

It's cool to see your blog. I have a similiar life - 9 kids; 1 out of foster care and 3 from Liberia. I live somewhat near to you as we have gone to Bush Gardens also. Actually, we used to live in VA Beach, I think that's where your daughter's gym is.
Jenny at www.ourplansmultiplied.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What an amazing girl...I know you are soproud to be her mama. :)

Beautiful Disaster said...

Hi,
My name is Emmy and I have a beautiful son who is also from Ghana Africa. I currently live in the NW and in conjunction with other families with kids from Ghana, we are trying to start a Ghana playgroup/resource group, to benefit families and kids in the NW. Do you know if any group like this already exists? Would you be interested in a group like this? Do you know of any other families with Ghanaian kids that would be interested. My email is emmylou.patton@gmail.com. I would love to hear your thoughts and feel free to pass my email along to any families that may be interested.

PS I love your blog. My blog is private but if you are interested I would love to share it with you.
Hope this finds you and yours happy and healthy.

PSS I apologize if you do not personally live in the NW... clearly I am awkardly stumbling with trying to find families in the NW. ;)